About the course
This course is facilitated by Claire Rigg and Soraya Azam from Barnardo’s.
Course length: 3 hours
Cost: Free to not-for-profit agencies in Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland
Changes due to coronavirus: Due to coronavirus restrictions, we’re offering this course online. The virtual course will be shorter, with more pre-course information provided to participants, which you’re expected to read beforehand. This training has been reduced to 3 hours.
Please note, given the nature of the course, you may find some of the information distressing.
By the end of the training you’ll:
- Increased knowledge about the current local and national context regarding children and young people who are exploited.
- Explore how young people might be at risk of sexual exploitation.
- Identify risk factors and the grooming process for children who are affected by sexual exploitation
- Explore the movement of children for the purpose of CSE (internal trafficking).
- Understand multi-agency practical solutions to safeguard sexually exploited, trafficked and missing children.
- Knowledge of Operation Shield and NRMs and understand the relevant forms and how to complete and circulate this.
- Have increased knowledge of relevant local procedures.
To apply for the course, please email the STSCP Business Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll need to include your name, job title, agency, email address, and work contact phone number, as well as the date of the course you want to attend.
Successful applicants will be sent an email at least one week before the date of the training course. The email will confirm that you’ve been successful in applying and have been allocated with a place on the course. It will also include:
- instructions on how to use WebEx (if you have not used it before)
- the pre-course reading
- useful guidance
- a blank evaluation form
There will also be an electronic diary invitation, which includes the WebEx link to the meeting. Please note, this link is only for the use of successful applicants and must not be shared with anyone outside of the email group.
If for any reason you’re unable to attend the training you’ve applied for, please email the STSCP Business Unit at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Terms and conditions
By applying for this course you agree that if you’re given a place, you’ll do the required reading before the course.
By applying for this course you agree to complete an evaluation on the day, and an impact evaluation approximately three months after the course.
This training is free to not for profit agencies in Middlesbrough and Redcar & Cleveland. In accordance with the South Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership charging policy, your agency will be charged if you don’t attend, or don’t give us five days’ notice that you’re not able to attend. Your manager will also be told that you didn’t attend.